Tuesday, July 17, 2007

City Views, Country Dreams

Good evening from New York.



Sometimes I think that my calendar and clock are playing tricks with me. Messing with my mind. I wonder how was it possible, decades ago, for me to do so much more in a day. Have I slowed down. Has that relativity thing caught me in a tangle?



Days have passed since I last wrote here, and right now I really should not be writing. I have a very early meeting at the shop at which I have to do a long-postponed presentation of a customer service oriented exercise. I do not want to be at the shop at 7:45 a.m. My staff certainly do not want to be there at 8 a.m. The company requires it. We have waited to do this for months. We are advised that we must do it or else. Or else, what?



That is my thinking not like a manager but as myself. I will be at the shop very early and we will get past this required hurdle. We may even enjoy it.



Tomorrow I have scheduled as a day off. Once past the hurdle, the day is mine again.



Trying to remember how to work my camera (remember in early July my exuberance at beginning to play with it) I will try to post another photo alongside these words. It is of another old painting of mine. I haven't had time to learn how to set up my little camera easel, so I just shot the painting against a carpet on the floor.



Another sign of falling standards.



It is such a pleasure to visit the site and see all the generous words from lovely people. Have patience with me, as I try to rejoin you all as more of a participant, and not just an observer.



Pleasant dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Frances - I really hope that by the time you're reading the comments that you will have had some time to do exactly whatever it is you most want to do on a day off, and that your presentation is just a memory. Will you get a chance to get out of the city during the hot weather,or will you save your holidays for later?
    Wishing you a happy day off.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about time going quickly - I have a theory that someone has actually messed around with it and has removed several minutes from each hour!!

    Hope your meeting went ok and that you enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello frances hope you are well and , have a nice day off .time flys so fast eh xx jep

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frances I can not EVER imagine your standards falling!!

    ReplyDelete